Skip to main content

Diva Challenge #84 - Blind String - "Pods"

What strikes fear into the heart of control freak like me? Has me waking up in a cold sweat? Well, I'll tell you.........having to cede control (well most of it), by closing my eyes and drawing a string, THEN figuring out what to do with it! Hmmmm....this is not how I normally operate.......I thrive on preconceived ideas, and this challenge turned that on its head. So, I closed my eyes, and tried to stick with organic, flowy motions (sharp corners are not my friend). Unlike some of the amazing strings/results that I have seen from this challenge, I kept my string continuous and fairly abbreviated (yup, I was running scared). I worked on one piece (which I am still yet to colour/shade and will upload later), but before completing that, I was compelled to switch gears and go in a different direction (o.k.,I did scan and print out a couple of copies of my string - did I mention ...... control freak...). I started with some cones (I LOVE, LOVE drawing cones) and went from there. I really love the tangle rich pieces that Simone Bischoff does and wanted to try the style. So much more intense than what I normally do, and I really enjoyed working on it, but do not think I could do it again in a hurry - the fine detail work - my brain (and eyes) can't take it. I also reverted back to shading with greylead for this one, but should have stuck with the markers - they are much easier - the cleanup from smudging.....aaack! The string:
The result:
The string superimposed over the design - interesting to see where I went a bit off track:
hx

Comments

  1. Well I like your string, and you sure succeeded in making your design flowy and organic. As always I love your designs. I'm curious if you will post some other designs with the same string.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this--feels kinda surrealistic and floaty! Your work is always so beautiful and clean...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how fun is that! I love how your design is frolicking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful! I love your ability to show dimension and really bring your drawing to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this! Your dimension and creativity shine here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a beautiful zia!!! It's flowing so nicely.

    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, your orbs and the cones are so yummy, wonderful dimension and volume!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your design is stunning. I love the flow of the design. Different and surprising, a wonderful look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Dog! I love this one most of all! The 3d effect is awesome! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very different, very special, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning - I love what you've done here! This is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zippity doo dah! Helen your ZIA is very special, I hear playful music with fun and games.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh!!!! That is really phenomenal!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to look at and it's all so delicate. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Wonderful depth and movement - I love how your tangles ebb and flow with the shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an awesome job - they remind me of something you might see in Alice in Wonderland :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks all for the fantastic comments :) After recovering for a few days, I'm thinking I might give this style another try......after I finish up a couple of other half done drawings I've got going.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning. I love your interpretation and deviation from your string. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the motion here
    it somehow reminds me of alice in wonderland -dont know why, though

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is gorgeous! I love looking at it and hearing your comments about how you created it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your work! I love the femininity of the flowers in your other pieces and this one...so perfect for the men in our lives... just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)