3.28.2013

the many moods of mooka

Did you hear my squeal of excitement when this weeks Diva Challenge was posted? It was seriously loud. 'Cause, ya know.......me and mooka........we're like totally in love. It all started back when I first saw mooka in the video demo........*sigh*........all that delicate swirly goodness......love at first sight. Love, love, love.

I use this pattern a lot, probably way too much (check out the gallery if you want to see some pics). Rather than sticking to a structure, I like to have the scrolls kind of everywhere. I just can't help myself! Usually, though, it's in conjunction with other patterns and the challenge this week was for mooka to go solo.

Here's what I've come up with, I felt like using a bit of colour today:

A mooka trio:


One of the things I find a little clunky with mooka is that the base of the pattern can become a bit bulky and take away from the lovely curly scrolls, so sometimes I like to make the bases of each scroll a single string/thread to reduce the bulk.

A mooka-ish feather:



Some lime goodness:

hx

24 comments:

  1. love your designs and pastel colors--beautiful, as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha--I knew you would be totally head over heels with this week's challenge! Gorgeous and playful as always--really love the feather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Helen, love them all, you can't beat a good mooka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Mooka at "her" best, so elegant and airy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yor Mooka has wings! It is like a a ballet in motion, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all lovely. Reminds me of angel wings, fairy gardens and other ethereal things of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a fan of your work, Helen. All these mookas are so light, airy, and with the wonderful colouring, luminous. Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all lovely. Very different than most Mooka's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scrolls of mooka. Your pen work is outstanding. Truly delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your mookas are so scrolly and swirly. I love them very much. You make it look so easy. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mooka! I love what you've done with this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of them. They flow so smoothly. Thanks for sharing how you reduce the bulk at the base.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Mooka really belong toghether! I LOVE your tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning as usual...
    I''ve had a party with mooka too, will post it later whn I'm happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh....these are so LOVELY!
    I can see Mooka is really your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo Helen, these are so delicate and lovely - awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Mookas Helen - it never occurred to me to do them singularly and not in one continuous line! haha - no wonder its not one of my go to's :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, you and Mooka just "go" together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so delicate and the use of color is just perfect! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely all! Is perfect, delicte, simple, I love!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)