Skip to main content

A-Z journal - A (for Abeko)

I cannot believe how fast the summer holidays have gone! I am back at school next Monday and will have completed the Diploma by June. I'll be glad to be done with it. At this stage I think this will be the end of the road for my graphic design study. I'll see how things pan out, but I feel ready for a new and different challenge.

Despite the hot weather, I did manage to sort my old scrapbooking supplies that have been hanging around for years and adding to the general feeling of clutter in my little studio, so far I've taken 3 boxes of stuff down to my local library for them to use in their kids program. I get a more focussed workspace - they get some fun supplies - win/win.

Over the past few months I've been (very) intermittently working on an A-Z journal. It's going to be a long-term project.  I work on a pattern from each letter of the alphabet in order. The journal pages are A5 (approx. half letter size).

I meant to start sharing these pages a while back (hence the 2016 label) but, you know........life.

Here is "A" (for Abeko)


So now I am off to savour the remaining time before I head back to school.

Have a great day!

hx

Comments

  1. Loooooove it. Like all your drawings, simple but perfect, very clean, and flowery. Can hardly wait for the B pattern to come out. Now what will B be.... [thinking][thinking][thinking some more...]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....you'll have to wait and see!! Thanks, Susie :) h

      Delete
  2. This will be fun; watching as you add your special flare to different patterns! Will they be mostly other peoples patterns or some of yours too? I'm sure Lynn will be thrilled to see your take on her pattern!
    PS- although I see that you did add a link to Tangle Patterns it might be nice to acknowledge the creator of the pattern in your blog post. I know if I created a pattern that you highlighted, I would LOVE that!
    Thanks for sharing Helen!! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, I haven't really made any plans except to try and work in order from A-Z. I'll just use whatever pattern inspires me at the time from that letter :) h

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Helen!! Abeko is a delightful tangle & I love your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, isn't it? I had fun playing with Abeko. Thank you, Jan :) h

      Delete
  4. I so.love the way you interpret the patterns and turn them into such amazing art work - so looking forward to seeing your take on the other patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynne :) I was really happy with this one - I hope I can do the other "letters" justice :) hx

      Delete
  5. You make the patterns come alive Helen, inspiring as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Gina! I really enjoyed playing with this pattern :) h

      Delete
  6. Love your work as always!
    Barb B. CZT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb :) Im think it's going to be a fun project :)

      Delete
  7. I have looked at abeko before on tanglepatterns but was never inspired to do anything with it. After seeing your beautiful take on abeko I now must go try it. Thank you Helen for your inspiration. I am now looking forward to seeing what you do with the next 25 tangles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you do get a chance to take another look, Lianne. I had a lot of fun with it. I'm looking forward to finding out what I do with the next 25 tangles too!!! haha. h

      Delete
  8. Love this - and all of your work really!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made it. I have now my abeko tile as well and am patiently waiting in the sidelines for you to continue your journey and me to follow you diligently on every step of the alphabet. You are a great inspiration to me, Helen.

    http://nevernotime.blogspot.com/2017/03/helens-journey-abeko.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)