Skip to main content

Orbs-la-Dee Challenge

We live in a very old weatherboard farmhouse with no air conditioning and once it starts heating up over summer it becomes unbearable for me to play upstairs in my studio, so I have now decamped to my summer office (aka the verandah, or the coffee table in the lounge). It takes a little more co-ordination, but I am getting some drawing done.

Today I had a go at the latest Diva Challenge which was to use the Orbs-la-Dee tangle pattern. I don't remember using this pattern previously, so it was fun to try something new.

My interpretations of a pattern are usually more of a riff, than an accurate representation - here's what I came up with:

I wanted to try individual rows of the pattern connected by string, this then lead onto a string swirl dotted with random diamonds and aura-d oval centres which look nothing at all like the original pattern.......hahaha.........but it was the inspiration :)

It's been a while since I've drawn any string and I definitely felt rusty!

Have a good one!
hx

Comments

  1. Brilliant! I like the open spaces allowing the orb to be showcased 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how different designs look with strings! I think I'm in love with swirly strings :) You are quite simply brilliant!!!
    Hugs for now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've definitely brought Orbs-la-Dee to a higher level! Love to see it in "Helen-style" :-) Unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave it to you to come up with something so delightfully creative with Orbs-la-Dee. Love them, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tangled swirl, so much movement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooooooo YOU!!!! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Orbs la Dee in "Helen's Style" I always enjoy seeing what you do with the tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always amazed at your interpretation of the tangles! Very whimsical! Totally love both of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful interpretation of Orbs-la-Dee! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfull tiles in your typical personal style, I'm af fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I always enjoy seeing your art and am inspired by it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)